Double LeTTer Game

To: DeannaG 16 of 73
StiLL geTTing around ok, DeaNNa?  BEEn quite a while.
To: kell (ALANKELL) 17 of 73
I hear you. It's bEEn a tough year for a lot of folks it sEEms. Glad to sEE you're stiLL kicking Hon. I'm stiLL vertical. Might not be fast, but I'm stiLL standing. lol

How have you bEEn?
To: DeannaG 18 of 73
BEEn doing ok, Poet.  Same old diFFiculties geTTing here.  I can sEE your email notifications but I can't foLLow the link in the email.  My best avenue is foLLowing a link found in Delphi at Memoirs of the Drakulya.

Situation normal - a liTTle weird.
To: kell (ALANKELL) 19 of 73
If you come to the site, you can click on the dropdown in the left frame of the meSSage board and chOOse 'Unread To Me' and it wiLL show you aLL meSSages you haven't read that are to you. You can also click on the My Forums tab and it wiLL show you aLL forums with meSSages in them that you haven't read yet.

We've got few bugs at the moment. We just went through a maSSive server update and upgrade, and now we're in the miDDle of updating the forums system to function properly on the new server system. Most of my online time has been at the work site trying to get things sorted back out for everyone.

I'm hoping to have it aLL done by end of year. I would have already had it done, but we have people out in our oFFice with Covid, and they're aLL fuLL timers. So the rest of us are scrambling to cover the shifts they won't be working until they can get cleared and come back to work.

I pulled 60 hours this past wEEk. My paycheck wiLL be nice, until Uncle Sam gets to diGGing at it.

Most of the time, I like being part time/on caLL, but sometimes it can be a pain and murder on my personal time when stuFF like this haPPens.
To: DeannaG 20 of 73
Maybe so, but I can't even use the link in my email.  I think this iSSue has bEEn ongoing for years, but I'm not here very often anyway.

RegardleSS, aLL the best to you and yours, and I hope this next year is a liTTle kinder to us aLL.
To: kell (ALANKELL) 21 of 73
I'LL hit the developer up about the email link thing and see what he says about it. Probably won't hear anything back right away. It's stiLL holidays and aLL. He'LL be tied up with family stuFF, like most people.

But, I wiLL make sure he's made aware of it.

I'm going to get back to work on things on the back end. I was hoping to have the updates done, and the bugs the proceSS causes, aLL taken care of by now, but I've bEEn caLLed into work so much I haven't made the progreSS I wanted on it aLL.

I hope you're having a safe and haPPy holiday season.
To: DeannaG 22 of 73
Thanks, Poet.  HaPPy holidays.
To: kell (ALANKELL) 23 of 73
I was able to get in touch with the developer. He's got it on his list of things to lOOk into for us.

I'm stiLL working on the updates, but I'm down to 22 files now. So I'm hoping to be done by the end of January.

It wiLL be so nice when the update bugs are gone. :)
To: DeannaG 24 of 73
Probably stiLL a few bugs - maybe some diFFerent things.  Came in yesterday to read your meSSage and then left the forum.  Came in tonight to find your meSSage again and to reply.  Couldn't find it...had to do a search.  I did find it and here I am, but it just sEEms uNNeceSSarily diFFicult.  I thought the thread would pop right up if I chose the "Our Game ROOm" tab, but it didn't.

Anyway.  It's bEEn a tough year.  I hope you are kEEping weLL, staying away from people, geTTing your inoculations, aLL that stuFF.  I've bEEn more politicaLLy motivated than ever before, though probably less so than most people you know.  Most of the time I'm just not that interested, but the last few years have been chaLLenging to say the least.

Not writing much in recent years, just not real motivated there either.  Most of my writing these days is on basebaLL or sports games forums in Delphi.  Most vampires have disaPPeared.  No biGGie...there are other things to do.

Stay weLL.
To: kell (ALANKELL) 25 of 73
Try aDDing me to your Friends list and posts from me should go to the front. Also, in My Controls - Forum Options, if you have it checked, uncheck ' Sort Thread List by folders', and check ' Automatically mark threads I post in as High Interest' if you don't have it checked. This should help finding threads with either posts to you or posts from you in them.

WeLL personaLLy I wiLL be glad when this year is over. No doubt you didn't hear about the crap that haPPened end of 2019 into 2020 to me and my family.

I wiLL send you a PM to fiLL you in on it aLL. It doesn't nEED to be on the board.

To: DeannaG 26 of 73
WeLL, we finaLLy got through 2020.  Virus related it was a meSS, and politicaLLy it was a meSS, and some of that stuFF is stiLL around.  But maybe now there's a liTTle hope.
To: kell (ALANKELL) 27 of 73
I'd just like for Spring to get here. I hate the cold and we've already had a baNNer year for snow this year. I don't like snow. It's cold. It's sliPPy. It's meSSy. I find nothing redeeming in it. Some say it's preTTy, but it doesn't stay that way for long enough for it to maTTer for me.

I want to get started on my gardening and maybe sEE about planting some fruit trEEs this year.
To: DeannaG 28 of 73
Down here we get a liTTle dusting about once every ten years.  There might be a poSSibility for a liTTle snow next wEEkend, but I'm not holding my breath.  It wiLL be cold, though, so I'm planning a slow cOOker chili.

If the roads ice over, I don't want to be driving in it.
To: kell (ALANKELL) 29 of 73
I hear you. I'm lucky. My Gertrude has 4-whEEl drive and she just chews up snow like it's nothing. Haven't hit any ice in her yet, so I can't say how she'd handle it.

I do a gOOd bit of stuFF in my slow cOOKer tOO. Those things are great for no fuSS meals. EspeciaLLy if you don't fEEl like standing over a stove.

I kEEp waiting for Spring so I can get to gardening. This year I want to put in a raised garden bed. GeTTing up and down is a problem for me, bad legs, so I want something I don't have to that with. My brother said he'LL help me get it set up for some corn and tomatoes. :)

I'd like to grow corn, swEEt potatoes, tomatoes, lima and grEEN beans, red potatoes, broCColi, cauliflower, bruSSel sprouts, spinach, caRRots, peas, and some herbs. I've certainly got enough yard space, and plenty to spare. I'm thinking about maybe doing a separate raised bed for each crop I want to grow, but we'LL sEE.

You plaNNing on gardening this year?
To: DeannaG 30 of 73
No, DeaNNa, we're not gardeners.  Neither of us cOOk tOO much, though she is familiar with her kitchen and she can.  We do very liTTle cOOking during the hot months, which down here is most of the year.
To: kell (ALANKELL) 31 of 73
WeLL the word came down. I'm oFFicially fuLL time now. I won't have as much time to do stuFF, but I'LL have more money. Ironic, I'LL have the money but may not have the time. lol

Do have to replace my car. TOOk her for inspection and she didn't paSS, big time. So bEEn online car shoPPing with local dealers today.

LOOking to get either another SUV or maybe a truck. Haven't decided yet.

How are things down there?
To: DeannaG 32 of 73
HopefuLLy the balance in your life is one you can handle.  I always treated work as a neceSSary evil, and never defined myself by what I did to make a living.  Long as the job paid the biLLs...
To: kell (ALANKELL) 33 of 73
My life is kind of quiet of late, and I rather like it. The leSS drama in it the beTTer. I prefer things be preTTy even up. I know some like a lot of excitement, but as I've goTTen older I've found I prefer things to be more laid back and leSS hectic.

It's helps that I love my job. It's goTTa be the best job I've ever had in my life. I can make a living and suPPort myself without kiLLing myself, and without woRRying whether or not my health iSSues are going to be iSSues.

I tried to go on strike from geTTing old, but that doesn't sEEm to be working out as weLL as I'd hoped. lol
To: DeannaG 34 of 73
The last job I had was a gOOd one, but the company had bEEn consolidating for a few years, and I wound up geTTing consolidated out of a job.  I was about ready to retire anyway.  I tOOk unemployment until it ran out, couldn't get myself hired anywhere, and finaLLY just quit lOOking.  I think we're doing ok, so no woRRies.

Being unemployed during the pandemic worked out ok and we just hunkered down.  Made our doctor aPPointments and have bEEn to Walmart a couple-three times a month...other than that, we stay preTTy close.  My closest family is 250 miles away...I have no plans to visit anyone until maybe this time next year.  Got my shots and they've had theirs, but I'm going to continue playing it close to the vest for the time being.  We'll see about the bOOster later in the year and sEE what the CDC is saying.

LoTTa dumb shits still ruNNing around vaccine-less.  I don't want to get overly political about it, but evidently they do.  Beg pardon if I oFFend.

Not sure I like geTTing old aLL that much, but I haven't figured out a way around it.  In the meantime, I draw inspiration from the beautiful days and try to stay tough against the stormy ones.
To: kell (ALANKELL) 35 of 73
Things sEEm to be going preTTy gOOd around here for vaCCinations. When they come in, people are usuaLLy preTTY reasonable most of the time about taking care of things. We haven't had any real iSSues as far as I know.

Yep. The geTTing old thing reaLLy sucks. Just when you think it couldn't get any worse, something new rears it's ugly head or sneaks up and taps you on the shoulder.

A lot of jobs up here, at least those that could, went from being at the oFFice to being at home, and lOOks like they'LL be staying there from what I hear. The flOOr where my oFFice is located is aLL but empty, but for us and the IV team oFFice. Everyone else is working from home. Many empty oFFices. ReaLLy kind of weird. Like a ghost wing in the hospital. Security guy asked me if I ever get crEEPed out. I just laughed and told the young'un he evidently didn't know who he's dealing with asking me that. lol