Double LeTTer Game

To: kell (ALANKELL) 71 of 73
WeLl I've become an antisocial old bitch. So kEEping to myself is easy.

I teLL people I'm a gOOd puPPy. I got aLL my shots.lol

To work where I do you have to have them, hospital and aLL.

I'LL be working Thanksgiving this year, but I'm complaining. We don't have anything plaNNed in the family. Most of us are working that day, and quite a few of us are working Xmas and New Years tOO.

I'm goNNa have a lot of double time, holiday pay, this year. :)

You guys have a safe and haPPy Thanksgiving tOO!

To: DeannaG 72 of 73
I've worked a few holidays in my time.  In fact, everyone in my maRRied family has.  ALL of us were working shift work, wEEkends, nights...you name it.  Holidays and birthdays were always a liTTle iFFy, and we got preTTy good at selecting workaround/alternate dates.  If Thanksgiving fell on a Thursday when some of us were working, we chose the closest day when we were aLL frEE.  If Thanksgiving in our houses meant having it on a Monday in December, that's when it was.

Mostly, we tried to avoid asking our work for special days oFF.  We figured it wasn't the calendar day that so important...it was geTTing together when we could that was important.

I like people, but I've bEEn able to enjoy being solitaire as long as I can remember.  I'm not sociaLLy adept...I'm the type that hangs oFF to one side and smiles and listens.  But Thanksgiving is a time to gather, and we wiLL.

Take care.
To: DeannaG 73 of 73
We went to a Chinese buFFet yesterday.  First time we've bEEn there since late 2019 or early 2020.  This particular restaurant doesn't put salt and pePPer shakers on the table, but I asked for some and the server brought us the liTTle paper packets.  GOOd enough.

I can't teLL you the fOOd was great - hey, it's a buFFet - but it was delicious.  We used to go there a lot and it was great to be back.  Kind of created the iLLusion that we are trying to be normal.  This restaurant was always preTTy busy pre-Covid.  We went early, entered just after they opened for the day, got out before the rush.  Not bad ataLL.

I guess diFFerent restaurants, diFFerent establishments of aLL types will have diFFerent philosophies on how they do business, deal with the pandemic.  I know this Chinese buFFet was closed for a few months during 2020.  They had some extra plastic safeguards up around the buFFet fOOd.  They are using the paper packets for seasonings.  We were pleased the fOOd tasted just as it always had.

Got finished yesterday cashing in my saved spare change...did that right after fEEding at the buFFet.  TOOk me a wEEk to haul it aLL in to the Coinstar machine, but I turned all that metal in and exchanged it for over $1000 in green money.  First step in cleaning up my rOOm LOL.  I shuDDer to think how fast we'LL spend it now that we have it LOL.

HaPPy Turkey Day again.  I hope you'll have a chance to visit with your family sometime close to the holiday.  Work is important, but family is more important.  GoTTA fit family in somewhere during a hectic schedule.

Take care.