Rate it: Containment (2015)

Excellent! Loved it!: 0 Votes (0.00%)
Above average.: 1 Votes (100.00%)
Average.: 0 Votes (0.00%)
Nothing special.: 0 Votes (0.00%)
Awful! Hated it!: 0 Votes (0.00%)
1 user and no guests have voted.
To: ALL2 of 2
Well I just finished watching Containment (2015) with Lee Ross as Mark and Sheila Reid as Enid. The premise of this movie is some unknown contamination and people sealed up in their apartments in a housing complex. The exact contagion you never really find out, but you do learn once infected you're as good as dead.

I found this movie to be an enjoyable watch. The story unfolded at a good pace as the tenants tried to cope with being sealed up and all the rest. It was well written, and there wasn't a bunch of over the top crap. Too much over the top crap usually spoils this type of movie, but this one was done with a minimum amount of government scientists' invention and toys. I like when things are left to unfold more naturally.

I do however have one big bitch about this movie, and that would be Andrew Leung. His portrayal of Sergei, the nut job big brother, left me cold. Some things should not be forced, and he seemed forced and off balance in trying to do this character. Much of the time it was as if he was lost and looking for direction from the other actors.

My personal opinion is the character Mark should have taken a wrench to Sergei's skull, and kept going till he saw light through from the other side. I mean Leung was totally unbelievable, and at times from a movie watcher's point of view, wholly irritating. He didn't add to the plot. If anything, he distracted from it. I hate such characters. A character should blend in with a movie plot. Not seem like something thumb tacked in at the last minute.

However, despite Leung's mess, the movie is well carried by Lee Ross and Sheila Reid. These two did a tremendous job with their characters and I was well pleased with them both. I was also pleased with Louise Brealey as Sally and was sad to see her killed off so soon, but those are the breaks in this kind of movie. People have to die and the ones you wish would die, don't do it soon enough.

Pippa Nixon didn't impress either. I don't think she was believable. In fact, I was happy to see her finally get dead and gone. She's cute, but cute only goes so far, and it wasn't nearly far enough to save her in this movie.

IMDB: Containment (2015)

Watch Containment