Rate it: Another World (2015)

Excellent! Loved it!: 0 Votes (0.00%)
Above Average.: 0 Votes (0.00%)
Average.: 0 Votes (0.00%)
Nothing Special: 0 Votes (0.00%)
Awful! Hated it!: 0 Votes (0.00%)
Nobody voted
To: ALL2 of 2
This low budget movie wasn't half bad in some respects, but in others it wasn't half good either. The actors weren't too cheese headed and actually seem to have at least some talent. I don't imagine we'll see them getting picked up by some high budget movie or TV show, but for this low budget venture, they did all right for the most part.

It's my opinion Carl McCrystal overplayed this role as the Colonel in most scenes, and Zach Cohen as Wizard didn't fair much better. Where McCrystal overplayed his character Cohen underplayed his to extremes. These two don't pair well together in any sense of the word team. Separately they might have been a good fit for this, but together they did it no favors.

Now, on to their leading ladies.

Suzanne Gschwendtner did an okay job as the doctor, until she started getting touchy feely with McCrystal's character. Her attempts at sympathy for the man left me wanting to hurl. Her efforts seemed pressured in her acting in these scenes and wholly unbelievable, but she did seem to handle the gun scenes better than I would have expected. She also did well in her sister interactions with Davina Kevelson. In fact, these are the only places where these two ladies actually did well.

With Davina Kevelson I have to wonder if perhaps this is her first film. While she wasn't a total loss, most of the movie her character, and her efforts to portray her, both seemed somewhat lost and unremarkable. I can see her fitting more into fantasy films with less gun play. I don't see action or horror being things she should be doing in her career. She did not appear comfortable with the weapons at all. Something Suzanne did at least seem to get a handle on to some degree.

I wouldn't say any of these people are a total loss, but they either need more seasoning, or to make better choices in which movies they do, that is if they want their careers to go anywhere other than down hill.

As for special effects, I can't really say enough bad things about their efforts. The special effects crew for this movie needs to find a new line of work. Maybe they can catch on at McDonalds. I would hope this same crew doesn't do another movie. If it was up to me, I would personally ban them from the very planet. Fortunately for them, it's not up to me. All I can do is give my opinion on their efforts. An opinion that is way beyond low.

Now, on to makeup and wardrobe, which I don't think did too bad. Everyone was dressed as one might expect under the circumstances and the infected were sufficiently gross and wicked. There were no outlandish outfits or stupid bimbos running around in high heels, instead of being smart enough to ditch the heels. You see a lot of those in these kinds of movies for some reason, but thankfully there were none in this one. Good job guys and gals.

For the filming crew, in general I can give a 'You did okay', but don't quit your day jobs. The scenes you shot were decently placed where location was concerned, but I really hate when a film starts shaking all over the place. Like when the infected were running around. Probably more my personal preference than anything, but I prefer a stationary camera view, where you can actually get a good view of what is going on, instead of the herky jerky crap giving me a headache.

IMDB: Another World (2015)

Watch Another World