Rate it: Cell (2016)

Excellent! Loved it!: 0 Votes (0.00%)
Above Average.: 1 Votes (100.00%)
Average.: 0 Votes (0.00%)
Nothing Special: 0 Votes (0.00%)
Awful! Hated it!: 0 Votes (0.00%)
1 user and no guests have voted.
To: ALL2 of 2
Got to see Cell with John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson recently, and it wasn't bad. Unlike a lot of the movies with the apocalyptic premise this one doesn't have a disease running rampant, like human rabies or something, or the dead getting up and eating everyone. There also isn't some environmental disaster wiping everything out, like giant tidal waves or earthquakes. Instead, you're never quite sure what happened to everyone. You just know it has something to do with cell phones and the signal they receive.

Was it some nutcase who did it? Aliens? A hostile government? Who or what you never really find out. This unsolved mystery is a part of the movie that I think adds to it being a good movie. It leaves you just screaming to know the answer to it all.

John Cusack I've enjoyed in a number of movies, but having Samuel L. Jackson as his direct support was a bad idea. Sam walks away with the thunder in nearly every scene, and you sort of end up feeling bad for John. He doesn't come off as the star of the movie. He comes off more like he's Sam's support. They should have picked someone else to play John's sidekick. Seriously! A power player like Jackson! Somebody was stoned stupid. He's a lead. Not a supporter. Both these guys are leads!

I found most scenes were well shot, and the sets and locations were good. I liked the wardrobe. Average, every day wear, and no off the wall junk. You know what I'm talking about on this issue. Society ends up in the crapper and the next thing you know you see people running around all painted up with feathers, combat boots, and hockey gear, or similar junk. I hate when wardrobe just goes off and dresses everyone in slap together, stupid looking outfits and thinks they look cool. Well, they don't! They look like idiots!

I would say I found this to be an above average film with a solid plot, good acting, and believable scenery and wardrobe. If you get a chance, it's worth a watch.

IMDB: Cell 2016

Watch Cell