Dune (1984)

To: ALL1 of 1
IMDB: Dune (1984)

If you want to help support this site, you can click on the link below to watch it on Amazon Prime, or click on the image to buy the DVD.
DVD price 9.28.22 is listed as $10.99 US.

To watch it on Amazon Prime for $3.99 or buy $14.99 HD digital download > Click Here!

q?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=B00004D0BA&Format=

Synopsis: 
A Duke's son leads desert warriors against the galactic emperor and his father's evil nemesis to free their desert world from the emperor's rule.

I first got into Dune when I saw the 1984 version of it. I didn't really like the fact that it was so visually dark. It made it hard to see a good bit of what was going on in the movie. I loved the storyline, and some of the actors were actually good, but the fact that much of it was hard to see really took away from it.

Even for the year it was made, and the technology available, the general special effects were better than average. I liked the floating lights that followed people around. They beat having to carry a flashlight.

Hell, even Sting did a decent job. In my opinion, that is a miracle in itself. No, I don't usually think of him as a good actor. I think he should stick to singing.

I have it in my Dune collection, and it's definitely a movie to watch, but be prepared for it being so dark and difficult to see in many parts.