Dune TV Minirseries (2000)

To: ALL1 of 1
IMDB: Dune TV Miniseries (2000)

This movie miniseries is currently not available to watch on Amazon Prime.
If you want to help support this site, you can click on the image to buy the DVD.
DVD price 9.28.22 is listed as $14.99 US.

q?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=B08KSV9SNG&Format=

Synopsis: 
A three-part miniseries on politics, betrayal, lust, greed and the coming of a Messiah. Based on Frank Herbert's classic science fiction novel.
You can also get the entire miniseries on Bluray for $25.49 or DVD for $34.99 by clicking the image below. This set includes the second part, Children of Dune.
Prices are as of 9.28.22.

q?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=B08GL7BK46&Format=

I watched the previews for this version of Dune and had to see it. Partially, because you 'could' actually see it and what was happening. This in itself was a vast improvement in my opinion.

I also loved the job they did on the special effects. The worms were done so much better. I mean they're really creepy. The entire set made me want to go to Arakkis just to poke around like a tourist. The family's house, the town, the sietches, all of it. I wouldn't want to meet up with a worm in a bad mood, but hey one in a good one could be cool.

William Hurt is an excellent actor and plays his role well as Duke Leto Atreides. Alec Newman was equally as good as Muad'Dib. However, Saskia Reeves as Lady Jessica Atreides absolutely stole the show in my opinion. This lady truly is a wonderful actress for her part in this movie.

The Harkonnen crew really didn't impress me much. They were okay for what their parts were for this, but not my favorites. Freyd was a bit of a whiney bitch. As for Glossu Raban, his mother should have swallowed him. As for Ian McNeice, I've seen him in other movies I liked him much better in than this one. He's a great actor, but I just don't think this part was well suited to him.

I did find that I like Julia Cox's portrayal of Princess Irulan Corrino and Zuzana Gieslewrova's portrayal of the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam. These two ladies also did an exceptional job.

Overall I was very pleased with this offering of the Dune sagas.